Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Moment...

Weird...I never thought that this day..out of any would hit me as rough but yup...this mother's day was just plain weird...I tell ya, it was nice to sleep in, my parents had the boys for a sleep over (and they woke up SO early for them, i'm so sorry for that), but as i was getting ready for church, in an all too quiet house, it was both a mixture of relaxing and twinges of sadness...usually Sundays were my days to take my time to get ready and feel pretty, and all while i was getting ready upstairs i would hear Colin and the kids with laughter and playing...then when i was all ready, i would come down the stairs and when Colin would see me, he would tell me how beautiful he thought i looked....I miss that, the "coming down the stairs" moments...
But this day, i celebrate my mom whom I have looked up too and admired since i was old enough to appreciate all she has done in our lives. She truly is the SUPER glue that holds us all up and together. She is my rock, the one i tell my everything too, and share all my highs and lows with. It is ONLY her, who can talk me down from worry and fear or laugh with me when i do those "blonde" moments. She is my best friend, and there is not a day that goes by that i don't count my blessings in knowing i have the most amazingly beautiful crowning jewel who is my mom!
I also can't forget to mention that i have so many women, amazing women in my life who have touched me in so many ways, and loved us just by showing me how they mother and how i can be better. These women are my sister in law's and my girlfriends and my mentor's and my family and i thank God for you all today! I pray God's richest blessings on you for shining so brightly your most beautful qualities in being amazing Mom's!
Happy Mother's day!
Love, Melissa

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you today, Melissa and praying for grace and strength. You are an awesome mom to Keegan and Corban.

    Hugs to you,
    Auntie Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart with us Missy. Praying for you and your boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so gald to spend time with you and your little munchkins on Mothers Day :) Love you lots!! You are a great mom to your boys Melissa,,don't ever forget that ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This I keep in mind, and because of this I have hope.

    It is through the Lord's love that we have not come to destruction, because his mercies have no limit.

    They are new every morning; great is your good faith.

    I said to myself, The Lord is my heritage; and because of this I will have hope in him.

    The Lord is good to those who are waiting for him, to the soul which is looking for him.

    It is good to go on hoping and quietly waiting for the salvation of the Lord.

    It is good for a man to undergo the yoke when he is young.

    Let him be seated by himself, saying nothing, because he has put it on him.

    FROM BRASIL
    Tony Rimualdo

    ReplyDelete