Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Well everyone, I am officially on to the next phase of getting back to 100% health! Today I was discharged from Foothill Medical Centre Unit 57. I am so excited and even some what apprehensive. Excited I can begin to regain my strength and endurance in a couple weeks once my counts go up more. Apprehensive because we have surrounded by the most amazing medical staff here on Unit 57 and now we push forward. I should say the apprehension is very minimal. We still are part of the BMT clinic here at Foothills and I will be checking in with them once a week for a couple months now. After then, we come every month for a bit, then who knows, never?! My counts are stablizing, low, but my body is starting to bounce back on its own, which was supposed to happen. The doctor, Nancy, was very happy for me this morning when she said I was getting discharged. She was amazing up here on Unit 57, she kept joking these weeks after transplant about checking my chemo doses that they were correct because I didn't have any ill side effects after chemo and transplant. I know its because God was watching over me and it was just part of HIS perfect plans for me.

So now I am writing this sitting in the room I checked into for the last time on Unit57 waiting for Melissa and Mom to show up to pick me up with CORBAN AND KEEGAN! Yup we are going to get to be to a family again starting today! No more leaving the boys at home for weeks on end and hopefully no more hospital stays. God, please protect me from sickness, fever, infection until my body is able to fight again on its own, Amen.

I am at a loss for words right now because this has been surreal for us and without everyones prayers and support, I don't know we would have got through all of this. We still have a road ahead back to 100% I need to sit down and write out some goals for the coming months. If my body allows, I would love to be running again by my birthday in January. Its lofty to even think I could that but I am determined to be 100% sooner then later. I know my limits and never thought I would ever have to overcome cancer so young, if at all in my life, but look where I am now. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. We are ALL so happy for you! We have a great God.
    Have a wonderful time with your mom and your boys!

    A. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin, we are so very happy for you. We will continue to pray that you continue to heal, stay healthy and regain your energy. Our God is good and able to perform many miracles, you being one of them. Love you lots, GR. & GR.

    ReplyDelete