Monday, August 24, 2009

24 Hours of Chemo Today

Howdy All!
Colin and i had a great 24 hours with our kids and our family.....what a God-send! It was the perfect timing, because now our journey is going to get progrssively more difficult. Today was the big, 24 hour chemo cycle......and also day 10, which the Doc says is usually the day that most of the cell counts and blood counts take a huge dive, and infection can creep in and make Colin very sick. Colin's cell counts are down, but honestly, there have been no indicators of infection, yet, so we can only pray that it keeps going that way! I'm praying that he can get to Grad......it means SO much to him that he can be there with the other recruits. The Doc's won't say something for sure until they see what his body does in the coming days! Please keep praying that God takes these chemo effects away, as HE has already, and that He keeps Colin safe through this!
If it isn't too much trouble, please keep our kids in your prayers as well, my parents have them at home now, and i know how exhausting our boys can be.......Corban is still crying and not liking when me or my parents leave him.......also our good friends are watching the boys through the day while my parents are at work.......please pray for strength for everyone and that Corban will feel safe with whomever he is with!
Thanks very much!
5 hours down, 19 more to go
Luv, Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Colin and Melissa - I know how hard it is for Corban - he might understand part of this but not fully. We are continuing to pray for the whole family. Read Psalms 23 in the New Living Translation. Here are a couple of the verses - The Lord is my sheperd, I have all that I need, He lets me rest in green meadows, He leads me beside peaceful streams, HE RENEWS MY STRENGTH, He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name, EVEN WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE DARKEST VALLEY, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID, FOR YOU ARE CLOSE BESIDE ME ETC.

    We love you all and pray today is done quickly. Love Mom B

    ReplyDelete