Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally some answers

Today we finally got the call which confirmed the Burkitt Lymphoma. Things changed again and I will be in Calgary for treatment. They would like us to call tomorrow morning and maybe admit me to Foothills then as well, but there is no way we can get there until Friday. I still need time to think and we also need time to pack up the boys and ourselves and get things figured with Nat and Andy.

Mom and Dad got here today and it has been awesome having them here. Its nice to see them again. Unfortunately I will not be able to go to Kris' wedding this weekend. That sucks. Today hasn't been a good day. The Fentenal patch they gave me lastnight for pain, has made me sick today so there is more icing on the cake for me.

Anyways that's all I got tonight. I am sure Melissa will be writing sometime soon and once we get to Calgary, I don't know how things are going to go. Melissa will probably be the only one blogging.

Please keep praying for us and for healing. Keep in mind especially Melissa and the boys as they are going to be displaced for a while and even more for Melissa as she is going to be back and forth from the hospital again.

Andy, Melissa's brother, had a good idea and we might order those gel wristbands with something on them and a verse, so if we order them let us know if you would like one. Not sure of the price yet thought. We'll let you know.

Colin

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying that your meeting with the doc tomorrow will bring some more concrete answers and a plan. Whether you need to be in Calgary in 4 hours, 4 days or 4 weeks our home and hearts are open to take care of Missy and the Boys :)
    We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying...my heart aches for what you are going through. I understand the emotional rollercoaster ride that your on. Thanks so much for taking time to keep us updated. I pray for strength and peace as you continue. My favorite verse that really helped me through the tough times is Proverbs 3: 5,6. I know many are supporting you. I am always available if you need a fresh pair of ears.

    Love, Donalyn :O)

    ReplyDelete