Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day one down!

HI Everyone,

It's Colin. I know you all are like "what's he doing on a computer?" Well I needed to stay in touch with everyone and let people know first hand how I am doing. Last night was rough. First day of chemo and it was not so pleasant. I got the chills and nauseated at the same time so they covered me with warm blankets and I held my bucket til it came. Unfortunately because it was part way through a treatment, the nurse restarted that dose. In the morning the other nurses said it wasn't necessary, but oh well. I finished my first day of doses this morning and those went okay. I felt a little sick but nothing else came up. Melissa and Glen came up to see me today and we had a good afternoon. I slept a little because my night was so rough. I had a shower and supper and feel better now.

I want to say thank you to each and everyone who has offered to help, who has helped to do anything for Melissa, Corban, Keegan and I. I cannot name everyone right now but thanks to everyone. I cannot begin to think of all the people who have come forward to offer to help us. Also to all of those who are praying for us! I feel those prayers here in the hospital and I know Melissa and the boys are feeling it too!

Keep praying for us and also for our extended families. Please pray for Mom and Dad as they are going to be pretty far away in BC and for strength to know I will be okay and I have the best doctors looking after me.

I know people might be wondering about visiting and how that is looking right now, and from my perspective I don't mind but please phone ahead to see how I am feeling that day. Also if you in any way, shape or form are sick, have a cold, please, please do not come. Thanks

In closing I want to say congradulations to KRIS and JENNIE BURRITT! Today they were married and I am so proud to be in a family with you two. Love you guys lots and we'll see you soon.

  • Colin

2 comments:

  1. just a little note to say that we are praying for you and your family! We pray for patience, grace, and healing! if we can help in any way let us know

    Love in Christ
    Amber and Aaron Davidson

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there,
    Thinking and praying for you all. Just wanted you to know that. Praying your strength continues Colin, you are a fighter! And Missy, you are an amazing mom and wife and you will be exceptional at handling all that comes your way.

    Love Brennan and Michelle Hutch

    ReplyDelete