Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Life at home

Hello everyone, this Colin writing you from HOME! Yup that's right, Medicine Hat, Alberta. Melissa and I arrived home today around 1:30 to lots of hugs from Corban! Keegan was napping and when he woke up we went into his room and he just stared at us for a minute, then got really excited. Melissa was holding him and I think it really hit him that we were home and he started to cry and snuggle right into Melissa. After he calmed down Melissa set him on the floor and he immediately ran over to me and cuddled into me! It was awesome, got home and big hugs from Corban and Keegan.

Because of my IJ line that was in my neck for the stem cell harvest, I cannot pick up the kids or anything over 10lbs for a few days. Today Keegan kept coming to me smiling really big with his arms out stretched but I couldn't pick him up. I just knelt down and let him hug me! Corban I watched some cartoons tonight and he asked me to sit with him because I keep him warm!

Its so nice to be home for almost 3 weeks now then my FINAL chemo and then stem cell transplant. We are excited and cannot believe we are 3/4 of the way through! Thank you everyone for your prayers and support! God has truly answered our prayers so far. Please continue to pray for health for all of us during this flu season and for a great time at home with family.

Colin

4 comments:

  1. We are glad you are home safe and sound. I am sure the boys will enjoy the time you are having. We continue to pray for health for all of you. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news for you!! Hope the next three weeks go by slowly,,,but at the same time quickly so that you can get to the last chemo and then this will be behind you ! You guys are doing awesome! You are in out thoughts and prayers each day! Love Auntie Dawna for the Motz men too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you are home. ENJOY! We continue to pray for good health and complete healing. Love you all! U. Reg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that your both home with your boys! They must love being with both of you. We will continue to pray for all of you during this time! Miss you all!
    The Wolfers

    ReplyDelete