Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 0

Well I am officially on the road to recovery! The transplant went really well this morning, no side effects, just a gross taste in my mouth. It was kind of like cream corn gone bad. I cannot smell it but Melissa says I smell like tomato soup and cream corn. It only took about 30 minutes to infuse all my cells they collected about on Nov 3. The other great news for the day is I am able to go to our Calgary home for 2 days then check back in on Wednesday. Those 2 nights will give me some much needed uninterupted sleep. Hopefully if all goes well, I won't have to spend another night in the hospital. I will probably have a few blood transfusions in the next week because this chemo basically irraticates all my cells. We'll keep you all informed.

Anyways I just have to say I have the most amazing wife ever. She has been so strong for me and the family during this process. I am so blessed to be with her and to have her love in my life. I am so touched by what she said in the blog she wrote lastnight and it just goes to prove how our marriage is getting stronger and rooted in God's Word everyday! I am so glad to have her and I don't know if I will ever be able to fully show her how much her strength and companionship through this time truly meant to me. The nights she would go home early or when she wasn't able to come up to visit me, my days were not fun. Seeing her walk through my door everyday made my day! Melissa, I love you so much and I am so glad you are my wife and best friend!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment