Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good News!

Hi Everyone,

Melissa and I are just sitting in the hospital waiting to see the doctor before we go home again for the next couple days. The nurse just came in with some of my blood results from this morning and here they are.

White Cells - 1.3 (Melissa was praying for 1.2 and 2 days ago I was at 0.4)
Red Cell - 95
Platlets - 430 - ish ( 2 days ago it was 137)

Thank you so much for all your prayers and now with my white cells over 1 I am not as susceptible to getting colds or flu's and I am a lot better off! Thank you Lord!

We are just waiting for the doctor now to see when my CT scan and Bone Marrow Biopsy will be, either tomorrow or Monday. Tomorrow would be better because Corban and Keegan are coming up this weekend to be with us! I am so excited to see them again and hold them! Pray the bone marrow biopsy doesn't hurt too bad this time, the doctor said they will sedate me where in Med Hat they didn't sedate me and it hurt so bad. Just think of someone digging into your hip with a hand drill bit, that's about best how I can describe it to you. If that doesn't make you grimace, you might be the toughest person out there! They can freeze the skin but bones don't freeze.

We will be in touch once we know more, but please keep praying for restored health for those who are sick and also that Melissa and I will not get sick. Also for Corban and Keegan not to get sick because that would mean I couldn't be as interactive with them. Thanks!

Colin

3 comments:

  1. I have been following along with you regularly & praying for all of your family, since the situation ripples to affect the extended family. I am so excited for you that your blood counts have gone up so well----PTL!!! I pray that your counts will continue to be strong & you can have some "healthy" family time together for a while! Continuing to lift you in prayer. Henny O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We prayed in bible study last week and today too, so glad to hear some good news about cell levels. God is good, all the time, all the time, God is good.

    Colin, none of us are ever told the length of our days on the earth, but we know that they are recorded by God, and God has written our names on the palms of His hands. He remembers you in your suffering, and He will rejoice with you when it ends.

    We're praying for good sedation and a less painful bone marrow biopsy this time around,

    Blessings,
    Lisa and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the good news about the good blood counts...God is so good..
    I am so glad that the boys can come up and spend some time with you..we are praying for continued good health for you all..
    Please know that you are alway's in our prayers,

    ReplyDelete